Home > E- Learning
E-learning has the potential to revolutionize the way we teach and how we learn. E-learning has the power to transform the way we learn, and to bring high quality, accessible learning to everyone – so that every learner can achieve his or her full potential. As well as Government, many others need to contribute to this learning revolution – education providers, employers and the e-learning industry. We must, also, share best practice across the education and workplace communities, so that learners can make a seamless transition as they progress.
“eLearning” has many term expressed by many persons. Some of the meanings given over time are electronic learning, enhanced learning and enabled learning. From the perspective of our students, they want their learning to be easy, exciting and effective. Moreover, they expect information and communications technologies (ICT) to enable and enhance the teaching-learning system.
Reliability, Experience & Expertise
E-learning considering it as an essential part for advanced education system, it will surely change the view of future. Mobile device and social web has changed the approach for almost everything. Giving an access with an instant result helps the educational structure to get more stronger and reach as many as it can at same time.
Gaining knowledge for the better future and career development does not mandate to stick at particular place and time as far as we have access to computers and internet we can learn anything from anywhere at any.
Features of E-Learning
- E-learning is important for education because it can improve the quality of the learning experience, and extend the reach of every lecturer and tutor.
- E-learning can help remove barriers to achievement, by providing new and creative ways of motivating and engaging pupils and learners of all abilities, enabling and inspiring everyone to attain their educational potential.
- E-learning offers a wide range of tools to enable teachers and learners to be innovative, creative and resourceful in all learning activities. Teachers and learners can easily customize digital learning resources to suit pace and level, appropriate to any learning style and ability.
- E-learning creates on-line communities of practice. The Internet can bring learners, teachers, specialist communities, experts, practitioners and interest groups together to share ideas and good practice.
- E-learning can provide an individualized learning experience for all learners, including those who are disadvantaged, disabled, exceptionally gifted, have special curriculum or learning needs or who are remote or away from their usual place of learning.
- E-learning can facilitate wider participation and fairer access to further and higher education by creating the opportunity to start learning and to choose courses and support according to the learners’ needs.
- E-learning provides personalized learning support through information, advice, and guidance services. It can help learners find the course they need, with a seamless transition to the next stage of their learning, including online application or enrolment and an electronic portfolio of their learning to take with them.
- E-learning provides virtual learning worlds where learners can take part in active and creative learning with others through simulations, role-play, remote control of real-world tools and devices, online master classes, or collaboration with other education providers.
Key Factors of E-Learning
- Multi-channel learning is highly effective
- Using multimedia technologies for teaching aids retention and enhances learning
- Developing quality learning objects consistently requires a process that must integrate technology, people and practices
- E-Learning is both cost effective and efficient
- The Internet is a cost effective delivery platform for eLearning
E-learning can deliver benefits by reducing the time it takes to train people because:
Time in classrooms can be spent on questions / topics or case studies introduced by other delegates that are irrelevant to the needs of the individual learner. It minimize the social interaction time. It does not stop you to move at your pace. It takes very less time to start and wind up the whole session. It saves much time on travelling to and from a training event. There is no chance to miss any information as you can read and learn it again and again. Learners also has the chance to skip the elements of a program they don't need to learn.
E-learning is more cost-effective because there is a reduction in training time known as learning compression. This is because the single largest cost of training in organizations/college is the cost of staff/student attending the training course, rather than the direct delivery costs in terms of trainers, course materials, travel and accommodation.